AIMS Recognised As Company To Watch Out For By Frost & Sullivan
KUALA LUMPUR, 15 JANUARY 2019 – AIMS Data Centre recently announced that it was named as one of the ‘Companies to Watch Out For’ in Frost & Sullivan’s Analysis of the ASEAN and Taiwan Infrastructure-as-a Service Market, Forecast to 2024.
Published in November 2018, the report states that “AIMS has focused on developing strategic partnerships to create differentiation and develop a compelling value proposition for Malaysian enterprises”.
Key highlights about AIMS in the report include:
- Only provider to have a Direct Connect Point of Presence (PoP) in Malaysia for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Established strategic partnerships with leading hyperscale cloud service providers across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Focused on augmenting consulting services to enable easier cloud transition of Malaysian companies.
- Achieved significant year-on-year (YoY) revenue growth in the cloud services segment (2016-2017).
- Achieved significant success with global over-the-top (OTT) providers, including Chinese social media/content providers.
- Expanded infrastructure capacity by 15,000 sqft and initiated a further expansion of 18,000 sqft of data centre capacity, to be completed by the end of 2018.
According to Frost & Sullivan, AIMS ensures coverage for local and international connectivity with its submarine and terrestrial cable network, while its carrier-neutral value proposition gives it a competitive edge against established players in the market.
AIMS’ strong focus on infrastructure services has created a unique positioning for itself in the digital transformation space, while its strategic partnership-driven growth strategy ensures significant growth potential in the cloud services segment.
In the report, Malaysia was listed as one of three countries that dominated the ASEAN IaaS services market in 2017. Moving forward, Indonesia and Malaysia are considered high growth markets and are projected to lead ASEAN cloud infrastructure market growth until 2024.